Saturday 6 January 2018

Wild Boy - Colour Blast Jan 2018 Challenge

Hi there,

This month's challenge in the Colour Blast Creative Corner group on Facebook is to use Colour Blast products on a black cardstock background using the following sketch.



I loved this sketch - so fun and versatile.

I started with the required black cardstock background and stencilled some Colour Blast paste in Steel using a Dylusions Stencil. Once that dried my next step was to try and bring in some more colour so I added some smudges and fingertip circles of "Just Blue" paste together with a teeny circle stencil. Lastly I added some smudges of Tangareen Dream. I love how vibrant the colours are on black cardstock.




Once my background was dry it was time for my paper layers and embellishing. I started with the Cocoa Vanilla You Rock collection.

I built up my main photo layers with a negative frame and some black punchinella .




Then it was time to embellish with plenty of the wood veneer from the You Rock collection plus some stickers and chipboard.

My title uses a funky wood veneer alphabet from Thickers combined with a chipboard sticker.

I felt like the layout needing some framing so I added a line around the edge with a Posca Paint Pen and some splatters of white mist and taa daa finished.


Thanks for checking out my layout today.

Will you be playing along with the challenge?

Also, did you know Colour Blast have started a subscription kit? The first kit ships in February and I am so excited to start building my Colour Blast collection. At the moment all I have are the Colour Pastes (which I adore and have nearly emptied) and one lonely Colour Spray, so the kits are going to be brilliant for me.

Hope you get some creative time over the weekend.

Happy scrapping


No comments:

Post a Comment